Now I bet we all have loads of makeup brushes that we might use on a daily basis, right? So of course, they're going to get mucky and dirty! It's been said you should clean your brushes every few weeks to keep them nice and clean and makes them better when in use. Do you know why we have to clean them?
When you apply foundation to your face, you are picking up bacteria from your skin, and it's then left to fester in the brush after use. The next time you go to use it, the same thing happens, except the bacteria that has festered from the time before, it now ALSO on your skin. It's a vicious circle, that I can assure you, will only ever cause you to break out in spots. Obviously eye brushes are a less of a problem, but it's still important to do a deep clean every few weeks, just to make sure they are bacteria free.
It's a hard done task that most of us will put of for a long time but it's something we all HAVE to do! It gets a bit horrible using the same brush over and over and watching it get dirty. You don't have to own any brush cleaner or anything special, you can wash them simply with shampoo and water! This is the steps I take when I need to wash my brushes:
1. Collect all your brushes and lay them out ready to commence the deep clean!
2. Take a damp cloth and slightly dampen the brushes with lukewarm water.
3. Pump your cleaning product (or I'm using shampoo and I'm sure everyone has this in their house...I hope. I use my AVON Advance Techniques because I feel it leaves my brushes silky smooth) onto the top of the brush or onto the palm of your hand, whichever you prefer.
4. Start swirling your brush in the palm of your hand and occasionally add a drop of water to lather up the brushes for a deep clean.
5. Squeeze out the excess product and watch all of the dirty water disappear down the plug hole!
6. Repeat if necessary (if you have really dirty brushes or need an even deeper clean)
7. Leave them out to dry!
Whalaa! Now you have marvellous clean brushes that are ready for use again and you don't have to do this for a few weeks! Hooray!
❤ How many of you are now rushing off to clean your brushes? ❤
Lots of love,
Twitter #1; http://twitter.com/piecesofbeautyx
Twitter #2; http://twitter.com/topshopzoella