Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit!

This is going to be a blog post for all you beginners in makeup out there! I'm going to take you through a starter kit I put together from the drug store with all the basic makeup products. You don't need to use all of these products when starting out in makeup, you might only want some concealer and mascara! I'm going to show you basically everything for people who want to know. Enjoy!

Foundations


My two all time favourite drugstore foundations are the Rimmel Match Perfection and the L'Oreal True Match. I'd say the L'Oreal foundation has more coverage so if you're not sure whether you like full coverage or little coverage, have a go at the Rimmel one!

Concealers


I am obsessed with these concealers! The Collection Lasting Perfection is a really full coverage, creamy concealer. People don't like to use it under their eyes but I really do! If it doesn't work under your eyes, then use it on spots or blemishes. If you want something different under your eyes, the Rimmel Wake Me Up is a good choice as it's very brightening.

Pressed Powder


This is hands down the best powder and basically the only one you need. Everyone I know uses this and it's pretty much amazing. It's the Rimmel Stay Matte and it's so cheap, only about £4

Blush


I think this is a really good blush to start with as it's got 4 different shades you can choose from. Instead of buying four different blushes, with the Collection Shimmer Shades Quad you get 4 in 1!

Bronzer


Now, if you're starting out in makeup you don't NEED to use bronzer but it really gives dimension, depth and shadow to the face. The MUA Bronzed Perfection is a really good one to start off with

Highlighter


This certainly isn't a must but I love highlighters. The Technic Highlights is a very good dupe for the Benefit High Beam. The packaging is exactly the same, as is the colour and consistency. If you're not willing to pay the price of Benefit products, invest in this!

Eyebrow Pencil


Even if you are just starting out in makeup, I really think doing your eyebrows is a huge must. Your makeup look really doesn't look finished until you've done your eyebrows. There's loads of good drugstore eyebrow products but this one from Primark is cheap and affordable. It only costs about a pound

Eyeshadow


For eyeshadow, I don't really have cheap or drugstore palettes, but these 2 single eyeshadows are great. If you want a normal powder eyeshadow then this peach/pale one from Makeup Gallery is great. If you're looking for one with more colour, this crayon from Rimmel Scandaleyes is amazing, I love this product!

Eyeliner


I found 3 different kinds of eyeliners you could use. If you're starting out in makeup and don't really know what kind of eyeliners you like, try one of these three. I really love the Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner as a pencil eyeliner. My all time favourite gel eyeline is the one from Collection. My holy grail pen eyeliner is the Rimmel Scandaleyes.

Mascara


These are two of my favourite mascaras. I live by the Maybelline The Falsies and I'm constantly re-purchasing it! It's a really great starter mascara and I highly suggest you invest in it. Another good mascara is the L'Oreal Miss Manga!

Lipstick


Two great lipsticks to start with is nudes and pinks. My favourite nude is the Kate Moss 113, it's really nice and not too in your face. It also looks amazing on any skin tone. A good affordable pink lipstick is from the brand Constance Carroll!

Vikki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment